- Keep abreast of security incidents and act as primary control point during significant information security incidents. Convene a Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) as needed, or requested, in addressing and investigating security incidences that arise.
- Convene Ad Hoc Security Committee as appropriate and provide leadership for breach response and notification actions for the University.
- Develop, implement and administer technical security standards, as well as a suite of security services and tools to address and mitigate security risk.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance in assessing and evaluating information security risks and monitor compliance with security standards and appropriate policies.
- Examine impacts of new technologies on the Institution’s overall information security. Establish processes to review implementation of new technologies to ensure security compliance.
- Teach employees how to perform risk assessment
- Coordinate the whole process of risk assessment