Maintain current and up-to-date knowledge of applicable state, federal and international privacy/data security laws, regulations and accreditation standards, and monitor changes in same and advancements in information privacy and data security technologies to ensure organizational adaptation and compliance.
CPO should hold the following knowledge and abilities:
- Knowledge of the constitution, relevant statutes, court decisions, state and federal laws, regulations, and policies
- Knowledge of legal methods and processes including the administrative regulation promulgation process, and legislative drafting and process.
- Knowledge of information privacy laws, access and release of information, and HIPAA.
- Knowledge of information technology issues.
- Ability to analyze facts and legal documents.
- Ability to interpret laws, regulations, and policies.