If you are affected by a ransomware virus, you can see the following symptoms on your device.
- You suddenly cannot open normal files and get errors such as the file is corrupted or has the wrong extension.
- An alarming message has been set to your desktop background with instructions on how to pay to unlock your files.
- The program warns you that there is a countdown until the ransom increases or you will not be able to decrypt your files.
- A window has opened to a ransomware program and you cannot close it.
- You can see files in all the directories with names such as “HOW TO DECRYPT FILES.TXT or DECRYPT_INSTRUCTIONS.HTML”.